Research Advisor, BSc of Physics
01 4706 496
His main research fields are optical and radar remote sensing and image processing. In particular he has performed research in radar interferometry, digital elevation production, land use and land cover classification, post-processing and fuzzy classification. The applications of remote sensing range from hazard monitoring change detection, archaeological site analysis to paleo-environment and paleo-relief modelling. He is active in the development of small satellites for Earth observation. He is the author of the first Slovenian remote sensing monograph and of a number of papers on remote sensing, geographical information systems and computer engineering. He regularly participates in scientific conferences and has as a research fellow visited Hasylab (DESY, Germany), Institute for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (Technical University of Vienna, Austria), Austrian Academy of Sciences (Austria), and Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (France).
He is employed at the Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering, University of Ljubljana, as a professor of several courses on remote sensing and satellite image processing.
- MESNER, Nika – OŠTIR, Krištof, 2014, Investigating the impact of spatial and spectral resolution of satellite images on segmentation quality. Journal of applied remote sensing, ISSN 1931-3195, vol. 8, [no.] , str. 1-15, ilustr.
- ZAKŠEK, Klemen – OŠTIR, Krištof, 2012. Downscaling land surface temperature for urban heat island diurnal cycle analysis. Remote sensing of environment, ISSN 0034-4257. [Print ed.], vol. 117, str. 114-124, ilustr.
- ZAKŠEK, Klemen – OŠTIR, Krištof – KOKALJ, Žiga, 2011, Sky-view factor as a relief visualization technique. Remote sens. 3 (2): 398-415.
- KOBLER, Andrej – PFEIFER, Norbert – OGRINC, Peter – TODOROVSKI, Ljupčo – OŠTIR, Krištof – DŽEROSKI, Sašo, 2007, Repetitive interpolation: a robust algorithm for DTM generation from Aerial Laser Scanner Data in forested terrain. Remote sens. environ 108 (1): 9-23.
- OŠTIR, Krištof, 2006, Daljinsko zaznavanje (= Remote Sensing). Ljubljana: Založba ZRC. Availabe also on Google books.
Centre of Excellence Space-SI (centerodlicnosti • 18. march 2010 - 31. december 2018)
Anthropological and Spatial Studies (research programme • 01. january 2022 - 31. december 2027)
BSc, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, University of Ljubljana, 1994
MSc, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering, University of Ljubljana, 1997
PhD, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering, University of Ljubljana, 2000